Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Until We Meet Again... And Again... And Again...

On the inter-island flight, our seats were grouped, but not together.  Ian and Eric sat next to each other, Dougie and I sat together and Stefan ("I don't mind sitting alone!!!") sat in the row between us.  He was to have the middle seat.  A very nice couple had the seats on either side of him and were generous enough to let him have the window seat.  I am sure they figured that it would keep a seven-year old occupied to watch out the window as we passed over Ohau and onto Kauai.

So not the case...

Stefan kept THEM occupied instead.

He talked their EARS OFF the entire time.

I thanked them and let them know they were very generous and wished them a lovely vacation.  Without us.

That first day we went to the Shrimp Station (again, Oh-So-Good!!!), guess who showed up just before we were leaving?  Oh yes, Stefan's seat mates!  Poor people.  They thought they could get rid of us.

This afternoon, after going to Lydgate Park and Kapa'a Town to get some great Ahi Poke, we headed back to my parent's hotel.  They have a kids' pool that has fountains and a slide - seriously great!

Just who do you think we should pass?  Yes.  The very same couple.  AGAIN!  I made my exit after this poor lady said, "...and we are only here for one night!"  Eric stayed and chatted (while I wondered if he was OUT OF HIS MIND!).  I could not blame them if they had been exasperated, running into the same verbally impulsive kid every single day of their three allotted days on this island.  I get exasperated!

Thankfully, they were not only kind in words, they were also very genuine and had enjoyed their repeated run-ins with us.

PHEW!

Turns out, the third time IS a charm!

No comments:

Post a Comment