Saturday, May 5, 2012

Zoo Animals





The rain FINALLY let up.  Melissa, Carlyn and I went to the zoo to watch the animals play.  Our animals, that is...  we skipped the zoo entirely and went straight down to the slides and obstacle course!




Stefan asked to bring a friend and Matthew (lives kitty-corner behind us) happily obliged.  We had eight kids between us, half of which were my charges...  





The boys climbed all over the hill, the girls and Ian rode the small roller slides over and over.  Emi was a total crack up; the youngest of the bunch, yet she was the master of that roller slide.  So funny!

Maggie and Emi - I get so blessed by getting unconditional hugs from these two!  My boys "ration" their hugs and dole them out only on their time.  Getting a hug from a girl has a sweetness that comes only in the form of a girl.  It makes me miss my niece :/



The Koi-no-bori (Koi/Carp windsocks) were out in celebration of Boys Day (now Children's Day), Kodomo-no-hi.  The whole hill was strung with theses HUGE fish.  The kids thought it was great!  It really is beautiful.





At one point, I had not seen the older three (Dougie, Stefan and Matthew) for a looooooong time.  Right as I made it to the top, I saw Matthew zoom down the big roller slide.  I managed to get pics of the other two.  They had the patience enough to stand in a very long line to ride the big slide.  I was impressed!





Ian and Maggie played a little game with the "bum-scoot" (plastic shovel-like tushie-protector for going down the roller slides).  Ian would put it in his mouth like a dog (so boy)



and Maggie would pull it out (so wise! So girl...). 



They carried on for a bit and just giggled away.



Stefan and Matthew raced up the obstacle course...



Jack and Ian made their own... Dougie would giggle all the way down the short roller slide - I think he was enjoying the rollers on his backside more than the average person...



On the way home - buckled, snacks and, best of all, SMILES!!!













2 comments:

  1. That place looks *awesome*!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SUPER Awesome - and close! Don't know how one would access via a train, but easy by car. The zoo is a good little zoo, too. None of the animals look like inmates...

      Delete