Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Like Mother, Like Daughter

When I was 18, my mom got a new car.

She had gone to the grocery store (a very normal and regular occurrence).  When she came out, the tire on the dark red, "sporty" (NOT!), '79 Malibu Classic Station Wagon, aka: "The Dragon Wagon," was flat.

Did she call AAA?  You bet she did.  She did not bother with having them change the tire out.  Instead, she had them tow it to the local Oldsmobile dealership where she promptly convinced them to give her $500 toward a new car.  She drove her groceries home in a brand new Olds Cutlass.  With four good tires.

So, fast-forward 23 years (eek!) to Yokosuka, Japan.  In the summer.  And our ice-maker was NOT MAKING ICE!

So, I took the lead from my mom.


I got new fridge.  With an ice-maker that works.


(BTW - this is what a typical HUGE Japanese refrigerator looks like)

No comments:

Post a Comment