Friday, June 22, 2012

For All The Tea In China...

The last couple of posts have ended up in the Great Internet in the Sky.  Sigh...   I tried to post them - I really did!  For all the tea in China...

But, as it turns out, there is NO TEA IN CHINA!!!

Having just returned from China (more on this soon!) - I now know this firsthand!  If I drank Coke or Sprite, I would have been in business as they were very widely available.  When ordering tea at a restaurant, it was quite often Chrysanthemum Tea, drunk with crystalline sugar.  It was decent.


Then there was the more traditional Jasmine Tea.  It tastes like soap.  If I got lucky, they might serve Green Tea.

The last night we were in Beijing, some of our comrades were in need of some Western Food.  This is not to say that the food in China is inferior - quite the opposite!  It was fabulous.  But, more on that later...

We went to Grandma's Kitchen (http://grandmasbeijing.com/) and got ourselves a HUGE burger, french fries and a milkshake.


And an iced tea.  Unsweetened.  With lemon.  It was heavenly!


During my week's stay in China, I craved iced tea.  I ordered oolong tea at one restaurant and was told they had none.

For all the tea in China... I got the best tea in a western restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment