Friday, May 31, 2013

Kora Honten

Last week I had a meeting with the Seika Mother's Association - or so I thought!  My understanding was we were turning over the "Old Guard" to the new.  And we were...  However, I had the venue all wrong!

I got there and we were waiting for one of the vans - and we got chauffeured to Kora Honten (if the translation page works, click here).  The translation of the page states, "I will support a wide range of banquet in a large number of people, auspicious occasion, to memorial service from gatherings of family".  YES!!!  We were auspicious!

This is one of restaurants in a group of four that are just down the road from our house.  We frequent Nigiri I-cho, the Sushi restaurant there!  I could have just walked there (of course, Ian would have been stranded at Seika...)

Here is the New Mother's Association ladies:


This is one of our bus drivers, Shimura-san.  He always gave the kids little do-dads, coloring pages and trinkets.  He is a total character; always the ham!


We gave a toast to the new board - Asahi was poured!  And a reminder that it would be another 2 hours before we got back...


I was really glad I "cleaned up" and wore decent clothes that day!






It turns out that Dianthus (Sweet William) is an edible flower.  Peppery - similar to Nasturtium.




I was not sure how long my stint on the Mother's Association was going to last (apparently it turns over each year).  It was a fair amount of work and expectation - and I only participated in 1/4-1/3 of the functions the other members did (all Japanese moms)!   To say I am sad my stint is over would be a fib. However, I am going to miss the parking spot...

No comments:

Post a Comment