Thursday, September 20, 2012

Back & Forth

Ian and I walked back from base today.  We dropped the Subaru off to get the bumper fixed and then left the car with Eric.  Ian kept shimmying out the bottom of the stroller with an, "I want to walk!"  Cute.  Whiney.  Smiley.  Silly.  Willful.  We compromised...

Just outside the base gate is the Mikasa Parkway - a nicely cobbled walkway with a "stream" that runs the length of it.  Since it is a pedestrian path, I agreed to let Ian walk, and enjoy himself, before I got a move on.

And enjoy himself he did.  He trailed his hands through the raised part of the stream, squatted and swatted the water below a bridge, played leapfrog on the "lillypads"...

Forward 
 And
 Back
 And
Forth

Somewhere in there, he decided to sit down and dip each foot.  One.  At.  A.  Time.

At the end of the parkway, I had him hop back in the stroller, albeit unhappily.  By the time we got home, he was snoring...


No comments:

Post a Comment