Friday, July 20, 2012

Everything's Better With Butter

The boys have taken to reading Family Fun while riding in the car (have a stack I keep meaning to drop at a friend's house...).  Stefan proclaimed that he really liked it - "This magazine gives you great ideas of things to do!"


Of course, he is right.  Only, I never DID any of them...  Apparently, the gem was that my kids will do them without needing me!


The project du jour?  Whipping up some BUTTER.  We happened upon the NEX this afternoon as the heavens opened and dumped buckets of water.  What should be in the back of the coolers?  Whipping Cream - 75% off!!!  Bonus!  I bought four.  I should have bought eight!


We got home, I pointed out where some jars were stored and Stefan got to washing and prepping.  Eric and I had a date tonight, so Mikaela (babysitter) and Matthew (Mikaela's brother) joined in the better-butter-making.



We convinced Stefan that marbles inside glass jars were not a great idea - it would work out just fine without them...



Ian handed his to Mikaela an laid down...  took a rest (30 seconds - easily) and got back to shaking.  After he had traded his for Mikaela's, that is...




We now have fresh butter!  I think a batch of warm pancakes are on the menu for brekkies.  Maybe cornbread for dinner!

Notice the absence of a particular Anthony boy?  He was already in bed...  It was an early night for the budding artist.  His latest canvas was the headrest in the van...  Sweet Dreams, Picasso.  Tomorrow, we shall be calling you Cinderella...

No comments:

Post a Comment