Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Ian's Surprises

Our neighbor's daughter, Io, is a bit younger than Ian, but is WAY more advanced on all agility.  She is this teenie person that would climb to the top of the toy at the park, only to ask for you (me) to help her get to the fireman's pole.  Ian is quite fond of Io and has been asking to go up there as well.  My standard response was, "You may, but you must get there yourself".


Christine (Io's mom) and I were chatting on the last night of the Bon-Odori, not at all concerned that Ian would be at the top of the play set.  Ian called out, "Look, Mummy!  I on top!"  I glanced up, said, "Indeed, you are on top!" I went back to chatting - and then looked again.




Wait a minute...  He was ON TOP!!!!!  My only consolation to not noticing right away is that Christine noticed after I did.  Both of us having "seen" him up there...


Lucky I had my phone to take a picture!


I have come to the conclusion that I need to start carrying a camera into Ian's room with me each time I go in.  The other day I had put him in a pull-up and sleep sack for his nap.  When I went to get him, he was laying there without his sleep sack and wearing jammies (properly, at that).


Huh...


Mentally questioning who put him to bed/changed him, he told me, "I put on my jammies, Mummy!"


Yes.  Yes, you did!


As I was writing the Bon-Odori post, Ian started to cry, pathetically.  I went up and felt him.  And I really felt him.  His legs.  His bare legs.  And his bum.  His bare bum...


Poor kid was in a wet bed and freezing.  I, was a bit surprised to find him quite stark buckers...  


I wonder how he will wake up next time...


Happy, I hope :)

2 comments:

  1. "The polar bear sleeps in his little bearskin.
    He sleeps very well, I am told.
    Last night I slept in my little bare skin,
    And I got a heck of a cold."

    (An old song lyric that I would recite to you Hallie when you were small; now it's Ian's turn!)

    ReplyDelete