Sunday, October 7, 2012

Pocket Change

This morning started raining and chilly - Autumn is finally setting in!  Stefan went off to watch Power Rangers with Matthew.  Their ride to the Yokosuka Fish Festival was delayed by rain.  Dougie got picked up by the Seika bus to get ready for the Yokosuka Safety Parade.  Ian played with our new, incredible Haba Japanese block set  (HUGE thank you :D)

With just Ian in tow, we gathered up cameras, rain coats and a backpack, having our hearts (stomachs) set on eating some ramen before the parade.


We had such a fun stroll to the train with just one imp along.  Once we got to More's City (Yokosuka Chuo station), I realized, "DOH!  I forgot to put Yen in my wallet!!!"  I did have one bill (~ $10).  Eric dug in his pocket and came up with another ¥800.  We could easily feed three!  That is one of the best parts about living in Japan - pocket change can actually buy you a meal (or three)!


We enjoyed a very pleasant meal with no bickering, cross-talk or time-outs.




It was still cold and drizzly out, so I figured I would take the foreign exchange hit and charge a Starbucks & a cocoa to my credit card.  I got to the till and found out that not only do the take all major credit cards, they also take your train commuter pass!  Deduct one venti coffee and one tall cocoa please!  I thought I hit the jackpot!

We got to the parade gathering point, saw the choo-choo bus pull up (always a highlight!) and Dougie had a front row seat!


Got out the camera and...

NOTHING!

battery was  D. E. A. D.

No amount of pocket change was fixing that!

No comments:

Post a Comment