Wednesday, February 29, 2012

And The Alarms Went Off...

The boys had all been put in bed, my folks had just gone to bed, Eric was in bed, I in the shower.  And then the disco began...  The strobe was going, the alarm ringing and I was thinking, "ARE YOU KIDDING?!?  I'M NAKED!!!  I hope this is a false alarm..."  Apparently Eric was thinking the same thing since he came in the bathroom as I had jumped out of the shower and was attempting to dry off/get dressed.

He shut the light off.

Nice.  "Trying to get dressed here..."

Eric, "I'll turn it back on" (thinking: when I am done going to the bathroom and I have gone back to bed...).

Note: the alarm is still going off.

Finally Eric leaves and goes back to bed (and turns the light back on).  I get dressed.  The whole while thinking, "PLEASE let the kids not wake up!"

My mom and dad come FLYING out of their room in a kerfluffle - clearly not accustomed to "modern day" fire alarms.

The alarm turned off.  Phew!  Mom and Dad?  Let's just say the only fire in the building was that their hair was on fire!

One unfortunate side-effect of all that rain was that it got inside one of the fire alarm units and shorted the signal.  This series of alarms went on for an hour or so.

And the boys slept on...  Thank you, Lord!

Wondering what the remuneration was?  Four mai tai tickets.  FOUR.  Not per person.  Not per adult.  Per unit.  Hmmmm...  I think they should have at least opened the bar...

No comments:

Post a Comment