Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Yeah, That Was My Son

This evening, while Stefan was in the big pool and Dougie and Ian played with another boy in the kids' pool, I chatted with this boy's parents.  They are in from Calgary - a long trip to get away from a long winter!  This other boy is Dougie's age and they were playing around very happily with their kick-boards-cum-boogie-boards.  The parents were telling me how they explained to their son that the kick-board was a boogie-board.  And he thought it was great!!!.

Then, (orchestra plays the Jaws music...) a boy came over and "explained" that it was a kick-board.  Not a boogie board.

I chuckled, "That was probably my eldest..."

They chuckled.  Out of embarrassment.  I laughed.  Eventually they told me that he had even explained to their son that if it were a boogie board, it would hold his entire weight.  "Show me..."

If there was any doubt in my mind that it was my son, there was none left now!!!

*
*
*

Hopefully this boy will never ask Stefan if Santa Clause is real...



No comments:

Post a Comment