Thursday, February 23, 2012

Lost

Many of you out there have watched ABC's Lost, and many of you also know it was filmed here on Kauai.  Today, we had our own Lost experience!

While in the surf with Stefan, Eric's sunglasses got kicked off his face (7 yo, boogie board, big waves...).  

They were Lost...

Our boogie-boarder

He and I looked for them.  We actually saw them wash up once.  Then they were Lost again...

I gave up, figuring he should have worn the $5 Fau-kleys (or were they Fay-Bans?!?) in the surf. I guessed he would learn that lesson!

I went to shower off the kids and muck about in the pool.

Stefan made friends
Pop and Ian on the super-fun slide

Dougie, the speed-demon, on the super-fun slide
Daddy and Ian on the super-fun slide (NOTE: pic taken earlier.  Notice the sunglasses?!?)
Ian plays with the fountains
"Pop - Where'd it go?!?"
"OH!!!  Right there!"
Some time later, Eric walked back with:

HIS SUNGLASSES!!!

They are now Found!

They had washed up in the high surf and the lenses were poking out of the sand.

So, if you do not wear your $5 knock-offs, diligence really will pay off.  I guess I learned that lesson... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment