Monday, February 27, 2012

And The Thunder Rolls...

Eric and I were awoken last night by an unhappy Ian.  After dealing with his woes, I was awake enough to be listening to the thunder in the distance.  I became more awake the longer I laid there.

So I got up to watch the light show.  Turned out to be a good one!  The sky was lit up and the thunder was soon to follow.  I did not see many bolts as they were apparently behind us.  The rain was coming down hard, but came down even harder the longer I sat there.  A bolt shot down behind the building in front of me and thunder cracked immediately.  WOW!  I sure expected to have a few more members to this light show audience.  But (thankfully), they slept on.

The sky lit up, the rain came down

After about an hour, my dad came out and joined me.  We went walking the halls to see if we could get a better view.  Another 45 minutes later, we both headed back to bed when the rain had calmed (to just a steady rain) and the thunder became more background noise.
Birds taking shelter on the window railings
Waiohai pond overflowing its banks this morning
This morning, Mom and I went to an "area orientation" and won a two-for-one Na Pali Coastline boat trip.  Eric's answer to going?  "No way!"  Mom had already bowed out.  Dad?  Stefan?  Come on!  The waterfalls should be great...

The lightening/thunder lasted most of the day, so the pools were closed.  The boys played games and then we all went for a drive to check out the rivers and such (more later)!

Stefan sandwich!

Can't breathe, Daddy!

Daddy sandwich!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment