Saturday, April 14, 2012

Friday the Thirteenth



This is how MY Friday the Thirteenth started out looking:




Although, not technically Ian's first day in school, it was the first full routine day - where he got on the bus, I did not forget him, he came home on the bus, etc...  Yes, there is a story there...  Monday was the opening Ceremony (previous post).  The first "day" of school was Wednesday.  Ian goes on Tuesdays and Fridays.  SOOOooooo, I had it in my head that he did not go until Friday... Not the case.  If I had actually (ahem) consulted the calendar, I would have figured that out.  As it was, he was still in bed when the bus came to pick the boys up.  They asks where Ian was.  Uhhhhhh...  After some back and forth (Commencement Ceremony/Chapel - all attend), I said I would just drive him there.

























It was utterly convenient since I had a Tea (Open House, basically) at Stefan's school (Hayama) that afternoon.  So, I left Ian and Dougie at school for Cherry Class (i.e.: 
babysitting/day care).  
That summarizes Ian's technical first day of school.  A Great Big OOOPS!  Setting the precedent right off the bat...


On to Friday.  Bus came.  Kids were ready.  All of them!  Stefan wears his formal uniform on Fridays.  So they all looked incredibly handsome.  And rather British!  Matched the Eton haircuts they have traditionally had...


They all posed in front of our house and humored me with some great photos.

Eton wannabes: Ian (2.5), Dougie (5.5), Stefan (7.5)
Peace!
Look!  The bus is coming!!!
Greetings: The bus attendant (Jana Sensei - Dougie's FAVE) greets them and then they all say together, "Goishoni, Sensei, Ohayo Gozaimasu!" and bow.  Ian had to be "helped" a little.  He would happily say it when it was just Dougie's turn...
Jana Sensei did not miss a single beat...  Ian started crying, she bent over, picked him up and took him on the bus.  Yay Jana Sensei!!!!
I, of course, took a picture of Ian in tears.  Dougie says he recovered in no time.
Sayonara! BYE BYE!!!
What did I do once the boys were ALL AT SCHOOL?!?  What any (in)sane, under slept, over scheduled mother of three boys would do on her first day alone.


I.  Took.  A.  Nap.


It was fabulous!  I feel like I may be able to catch up on sleep that I have missed over the past near eight years!  Or the projects left undone (Ian's baby book?!?).  Or training for an ultra-marathon.  Or...  Well, I think the early morning (8:30 AM!!!) nap was loverly :)


When the boys got home, Ian was happy as could be.  He proudly carried his sub bag (yellow bag - holds the weeks "stuff".  Dougie left his ON the bus...) off the bus, said the farewell, "Goishoni, Sensei, Gokigenyo, Sayonara!"







  





We enjoyed a picnic of Easter-egg salad sandwiches in the backyard and enjoyed the sunshine and a successful first day of yochien.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. They look SO CUTE!! I can't believe you have them all in school. I wouldn't know what to do with myself either ;-) But I guess I don't have to worry about that for awhile as we will have a new one and still be homeschooling. ;-) If you find any extra time you could work on my children's baby books ;-)

    Take care and keep the posts coming!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll work on your kids' baby books once mine are done ;) Ha! Our work is never done, is it?!? Keep gestating!!!

      Delete