Sunday, April 29, 2012

House Guest

This weekend we got the privilege of watching our friends' son, Kent.  His mom & dad took some R&R and had an extended weekend in Thailand - ALONE!!!  What a fun adventure for them!  And what an honor and true privilege for us being trusted with the welfare of Kent.  Kent got a taste of having no siblings to having THREE brothers AND sharing a room!  WOW!!!


Japan being, well, Japan...  Kent could not ride our kids bus to/from school, in spite of riding A bus to the same school.  So I got to taxi the kids to & fro.  I was already at school for a parents' meeting on Thursday, so I just brought them home.  Friday I got to take them in.
Kent (Seika), Ian (Seika), Dougie (Seika), Stefan (Hayama)

I managed to have all four in their uniforms, ties tied, bellies full and to their respective bus stops/schools on time.  Only by the grace of God did that happen.  And the fact that two of the four are early risers and we had a little more fudge time for the Seika kids since we were driving in.  

After Stefan had brushed his teeth, he took advantage of that extra time and got to work:


Holey Moley!!!!  Look at that smile!

They also read the new book that Miss Carol brought as a "Thank you".  It is FABULOUS!!!!  An absolute and total hit with the entire fam!:


After dropping all the kids off, I had a nice, quiet, leisurely appointment at the dentists office where they proceeded to scrape off the last years worth of coffee stains...  Thank you, Brandy!!!  With some time to spare, an empty belly and nobody to complain about my choices, I went to MY favorite ramen shop, Yokohama Ra-Men 16 Group.  No idea what the 16 Group bit is...   Caroline took me here when we first got here TDY over two years ago.  It is the first ramen shop I went to here in Japan.  It is still my favorite.  Perhaps it is the slightly bigger, chewy noodles and quail eggs.  Perhaps it is because I have fond memories.  It was worth ruining my fluoride treatment...



They have improved upon perfect and have added an English menu.  Now I can actually VERIFY what I have just purchased my ticket for (another days blog - Restaurant ordering ticket machines!!!)

Ramen was the perfect meal as it was a dreary, rainy spring day.  I brought my umbrellas for the boys to use from the school to the car.  It was such a simple pleasure for them!


When Kent & Dougie were not sharing an umbrella, they were holding hands...  Incredibly heart warming!  And as I look at this picture, I am noticing that Dougie has somehow swindled Kent into carrying his sub bag (tan bag with the orange trim)...  I think he will be selling ice-cubes to Eskimos one day...  Or perhaps a career in politics... 


Ian sported the duck umbrella.  And carried his own sub bag...  right up until he just decided to drop it.  And leave it there on the sidewalk.




When we got home, Dougie got out of the car and squealed, "KENT!!!!  You should see this bug - it is HUUUUUUUUGE!!!!!"  Yes, it was huge.  Not exactly a bug.  But it was a really huge worm!  And so close to having been run over...  The boys were ever in awe. 



And that was just our Friday :-)!



No comments:

Post a Comment