Wednesday, April 25, 2012

What's That SMELL?!?

While walking home on the path behind our house tonight, I caught this smell. It made me stop. It made me turn around!


By the sound of it, you think it would be bad. Like the aroma of raw sewage you sometimes get a whiff of as you walk down the street... Or the seaweed drying in the sun... Or low tide on a hot day...


NOOOOOOOOOO.....


This was heavenly. Subtle. Sweet... Truly intoxicating without being overwhelming.


Jasmine went through my mind, but I could not find any.


The azalea bushes are starting to bloom, but I have never known them to be aromatic.




And these are not.

These...


A wee bit...

It turns out that these...

Smell
divine.


I have never noticed the smell during the day. Maybe the breeze is too strong. Maybe the boys I am usually with smell too badly... Perhaps I just have too much going on to "stop and smell the azaleas (sic)".

I am glad I had the moment to take a breath. And that breath was filled with the lovely smell of spring. And I was thankful to the Lord that I had that moment and that breath. And that it does not give me hives or asthma :). Thank you Jesus!!!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment