Monday, November 19, 2012

15 - Loads of Laundry...



Dougie and Ian had a compensatory holiday today since the Chibikko Bazaar is, technically, a school day for them.  I "called in sick" to my English lessons today - I could not, in good conscious, leave Ian with anyone after his "performance" yesterday!  He ended the night with a fever that lasted a few hours.  And then...  all was well!  His attitude is still on the mend, but we are making progress!

Those two became my laundry gnomes today.  Dougie helped me push shopping carts FILLED with all of our bedding over to the laundromat.  Ian helped pour in the detergent and Borax.  They both did their share of coin loading and button pushing - surprisingly, they were not pushing mine...

What took me 3 hours to do would have taken 3 days in my own washer.  And nothing else would have gotten done.

Japan's weather is very Japanese too - it changes right on schedule.  Just like the trains.

Spring came - trees blossomed.  It was beautiful.  Spring ended - summer began.  It was HOT.  It was HUMID.  It was BUGGY!  And then...  Summer ended - Fall began.  It is clear.  It is crisp.  It is chilly!  OK, it feels downright cold compared to summer...  It is time to change out the bedding for something warmer.  And so, it was time to wash the bedding.  Thus, the trip to the laundromat!

3 shopping carts overflowing with linens, blankets and mattress pads became 15 loads of laundry.  That became:


One van filled to the brim with uber-clean and fresh smelling (did I mention DRY!  In an HOUR!!!) laundry.  I look forward to the sweet sleep in my bed.  I only wish tomorrow were a holiday - and then I could stay in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment