Saturday, November 3, 2012

"Hand" Me A Pencil



Rarely do I look at a baby and think, "you have your Mom/Dad/Grandparents _______"

When Ian was born, it was like someone had lopped off my hands, shrunk them and put them right on the end of his arms.  It was actually a little disconcerting looking at something I knew so well on a little body I was still getting to know!

As he gained his baby pudge and so did his hands, I "recognized" them less.

I, of course, had to check if his feet were mine too!  They were not (I still have bragging rights as the only one in our family that has the Roman toe - longer second toe, vice big toe).  Even though they are dissimilar in looks, Ian proved to me today that they are, in fact, similar in function.  I asked him to pick up the pencil he had dropped.  I did not specify how...



So, he "handed" it to me...


Dougie, not wanting to be shown up, joined the Hokey Pokey and "handed" me his pencil too...


No comments:

Post a Comment