Friday, November 9, 2012

Two-enty Six!

Dougie had a fun day today filled with school, taiko and then a trip to McD's with Lindsey (Dougie's main squeeze...) & Gavin.  Thank you, Gina!


So, we were down to two-enty six!

Leah - do you notice who absconded the pirate sweater?  And shorts?  He could not manage the pants, else those would have been in his closet too!  Love it!  Argh!

I had pulled out a pork roast to make and it smelled.  Not off - just smelled.  I think all of my meat will be coming locally from now on.  The two-day-go-bad is not working for me...  On many levels...


We headed to a local Yakitori stand and enjoyed a quiet - and calm - dinner out!  Amazing how it does not matter which kid is missing, the chaos always goes with them.

Stefan bit into a piece of suspect cabbage and spit it out.  Only, it was not cabbage...


It was his tooth!


And then, to make matters worse, the tooth fairy missed it!  Apparently, he was awake when she came to visit last night...



All had treats last night and a good time!

2 comments:

  1. Ian looks so cute in that sweater. Petey and Henry and I can't believe he's that big!! I'm so enjoying watching the "countdown" on your blog. I'm jealous of your family - wish we could visit again!!

    Thanks for keeping up the blog - it's fun to see the boys grow up (even though they are doing it far too quickly).

    I assume you got the latest box...Septemberish? I can't remember what goes in which box some times. :) How are you on Decaf?

    Love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can't remember because I have not gotten my act together to tell you how funny it was that Ian off-loaded all the pirate garb (and would have taken the pants, should they have fit him), Stefan's "new favorite" shirt is the green ninja shirt, Dougie has taken the pirate pants and wants to wear them every day, I love having coffee every morning because it tastes so good and I think of you and I have used the story cubes with my English students!!!

    I think I am on my last legs of decaf - you have been the biggest blessing!!! I am really spoiled!

    I am so glad, too, that someone (other than those whom I send these blog postings too - they have to make effort to delete!) actually reads this :) It is tough to keep it up, but fun! The countdown has really kept me on top of it!

    The fact that my folks are visiting is proof that miracles do happen - so hang in there! You all may get to visit again ;)!

    We are going to try and come back early summer - have a wedding to go to! More on that later though!

    Love you all - hugs all around!!!

    ReplyDelete