Saturday, November 17, 2012

17 Hour Day

Seventeen - the number of days left until Grammie and Pop get here!


Seventeen - also the number of hours it feels like we have been on the go...  today.

Yesterday afternoon I spent at Seika helping set up for their annual Chibikko Bazaar.  It was like a swarm of bees flew in, and in about two hours transformed the school from educational institute to:


And then the swarm of bees flew in and:


Gone!

I manned the American Bakery.  All the "American" parents are asked to donate baked goods to sell.  I tried my hand at Baklava.  The consensus was, it turned out well!  I laughed at the Japanese moms that were so excited to have Baklava - they hadn't had it since they lived in the States!  I know what I will be making now for every bake sale!


Prizes were given out for bingo - Ian was the 15th to get a bingo.  And he won (drum roll please)...


A brand new tractor-trailer!!!

Dougie was 65th...  And he won (drum roll please)...


A bag of FREEZE DRIED TOFU!!!

Stefan was one of three that never got a bingo...  They gave him a consolation prize.  It was way better than the tofu... A Mister Donut mug (who would NOT want that?!?), a Disney hoodie blanket and a bag!  Isn't there a saying about this...  "Lucky Last"?

I got, as a thank you (drum roll please)...


 A cookie on a stick!  And a mirror - all in one!  But that's not all, folks!


There is also the Sa-WEET tissue box!  Literally!  Ian thinks the pink one is a hamburger...  funny :)


The big teddy bear that is in Seika's entry - it has shown up previously with Ian tackling and wrestling said bear.  Well, tonight, as I made my way out of the school, someone had tucked the bear in...

かわいい 熊! 

(Kawaii Kuma!  Cute Bear!)


おやすみなさい!

(Oyasumi Nasai!  Good Night!)

No comments:

Post a Comment