Tuesday, November 13, 2012

21 - Take A Ticket, Please...




Ian went to school today!!! He saved his cough/gag routine until this evening when we were walking into Awana. He was UNHAPPY about not getting to go... Not nearly as unhappy as the leaders would have been!

When I was walking out to the car to take Stefan to the train station, I picked up a hitchhiker...


This dragon fly (look closely on the sweater tie - it blends!) is nearing the end of its season as our season has just begun. The fall chill is here and a sweater is often required in the morning and evening.

After dropping Stefan at the station, I headed up to the NDA (National Defense Academy) to teach English to some Engineering graduate students. I also took the parking ticket I got yesterday (whoops!!) for some guidance in how/where to pay.


It was 難しい! (muzukashii!). It was very difficult - even for highly educated, native Japanese...

These are my students, hovering over my sticky yellow ticket...  (Mom, notice the book?!?)  It turns out, it was just warning. I can't get any others for 30 days or I will be penalized. Since it took me about 10 years to get this one, I think it will pan out!

I rifled through Stefan's backpack, attempting to keep the sanitation department from shutting it down or the cockroaches from infesting.  I opened his pencil case, only to find:


Two dinosaurs, a couple of mud "rocks/fossils" and A PENCIL AND SHARPENER!!!  I consider that to be a success.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment