Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Beautiful Sky

Awhile back, Stefan came trucking out of school waving this in front of himself, going on about  "You have to save this!" "You. Have. Got. To. Save. This!!!"




The conversation that followed went something like this:

Stefan: Mom, don't get rid of that.  Ms. Dupont, my art teacher, wants to see it again at the end of the year.


Me: ?????  Wow, this is beautiful!  Now, what was that you were trying to say?!?


Stefan: We called it Beautiful Sky.  Well, Caleb named it that because that is what he says the sky looks, like, beautiful.  And it's the sky.  So, he called it, "Beautiful Sky".  I agreed.  But, I called it Optical Illusion.  Because it looks like that, too. But I think Beautiful Sky is good, too."


Me:  Phew.  I am out of breath.  Where were we?  Ah, at saving this...


Stefan: Yeah.  She says she needs to see it again at the end of the year.  Mine was picked.


Me: ?????  Picked? For...???


Stefan: Uhhh... I don't know.  Something.  But it was one of only three in the first grade.


Me: ?????  Ohhhh..... ?????  I feel like I have had an "Optical Illusion" of a conversation...



I don't know about you, but I hesitate to EVER say that I will save something.  Ever.  Paper scraps, "Mom - you have got to save these!"  Noooooo....  Plastic BBs found in the park, "Moooooommmm...  these are the coooooolest.  I want to save them.  All. Of. Them."  Oh, no.  And, NO!  But I digress...

This was save-worthy.


Things were made more clear just a couple of weeks ago, when I got this letter:



In short, it reads:

Dear Parents of Stefan Anthony,

Congratulations!  Stefan's artwork was selected to be displayed in The SUN.  It is the DoDEA's Pacific area (Japan, Okinawa, Korea and Guam) annual journal presenting literary, musical and visual arts excellence from Kindergarten through grade 12.

Your child's will be giving are certificate from the area Arts Director, a certificate from the Sullivan's School and a copy of The SUN #38.

We need your permission ASAP to reprint your child's artwork.

Again, congratulations!








Well, as my dad would say, HOT DAMN!!!

Permission granted!  What an honor!  So, Stefan gets published later this spring.


It really is a Beautiful Sky!

No comments:

Post a Comment