Saturday, March 3, 2012

The Passports are Safe(d)

Tonight was our last night.  A very bittersweet night.  Great to be in Hawaii.  Great to be with Grammie and Pop.  We are so incredibly blessed and we are so grateful!!!

We brought in a babysitter (who was fabulous!!! Thank you Miss Vicki! Happy Kids Nanny Services) and the four adults went to The Beach House for dinner.  We had a great dinner, a great waiter, a lovely sunset.  We had no kids!  We had no kids :(

The Beach House (The Beach House) is incredibly busy, especially at this time of year as the sun sets directly outside its windows.  It is on a really beautiful section of beaches. The only reservations were for this night.  The food was great!  My fave was the coconut sorbetto!  We talked "business" - 'tis tax season and the house needs to be re-painted.  And, I suddenly remembered where I had stored our passports - they were in the safe!  At the previous condo we stayed in...

So relieved it was before bedtime!  After a call to the KBR, the fabulous desk clerk asked the new tenants of the room if they could open the safe.  Of course they could not - the key was in my pocket...  So he got maintenance to open the lock box and, VOILA!  Five passports and one wallet.

If you, the fellow working at KBR last night, ever read this:  MAHALO!!!!!
If you, the new tenants of B-4 ever read this:  I am sorry for interrupting you tonight and MAHALO for your patience!!!


Phew, passports have been safe(d)!  Mahalo Nui, Dad & Mom for going and picking them up!

As I am sitting here, wide awake, at two o'clock in the morning, I am getting this overwhelming sense of sadness.  We have a wake-up call in for four AM, leave at 0630.  I miss home.  Both WA & Yoko.  I miss my friends in Japan.  I miss my friends in Washington.  I miss my parents.  I miss my in-laws.  I miss my brother/SIL/niece/nephew.  I. Am. Offically. Homesick.

It is an easy enough feeling to assimliate while I roll with the day to day in Japan.  I am not alone.  I have friends.  GREAT FRIENDS.  Being here has been such a joy.  But a few days ago, my canary started to droop.  He stopped "singing" and started looking listless.  His overall demeanor could only be described as "sad".  I am pretty sure Stefan is feeling the same things I am, but speaks it in his body language.  Eric and I have had a number of concerned exchanges as we watch our perceptive and sensitive child expressing his own version of homesickness.

So, when we were leaving for dinner tonight, mixed in with the fun of going out without kids, Eric and I both had a feeling of regret.  Regret that we weren't spending one last night in the pool getting utterly waterlogged.  Regret that Grammie and Pop did not get to put the boys to bed one last time.  Regret that tomorrow we leave Paradise.

I am getting the tissue boxes ready, for I think tomorrow morning will be one filled with tears.  Especially from our canary.  It is so touching and so painful to see your kids mourn and grieve.  And that always makes the adults cry...

A lot...

Eric, Myself, Mom (Grammie) & Dad (Pop) at the Beach House Restaurant

2 comments:

  1. I've loved reading about your Hawaiian adventures. You spin a good yarn!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Flattered you have been reading it :) I have plenty of ammo with these three boys - add my folks and Eric and myself... Let's just say, "WOW!"

      Delete