Thursday, March 15, 2012

One Book. Four Eyes.

Stefan's class had a field trip to the Enoshima Aquarium today. We had enough chaperones that all the parents had only two kids - their own and an add on. Except for Ms. Mattson (teacher) and myself.
I had Stefan, Caleb (a boy he has been in class, Awana, taiko and friends with since kindergarten - I am friends with his mom) and Edwin. I had heard of Edwin, but I had not met him before. His mom is from Russia and he speaks Russian. When I was told this, I really thought I would be crossing a communication barrier when speaking to him. Oy...
Turns out, Edwin keeps up great, conversationally. He is a nice kid with a fabulous accent. He has this beautiful hair with big loopy curls. Envy!
I stashed "The Wind In The Willows" for Stefan to read on the ride to/from the aquarium.

He felt badly that his seatmate, Caleb, had nothing. Caleb cheerfully exclaimed, "that's OK! I can just look out the window!"
Way to go, Caleb!!!
Soon, the one book had four eyes on it...

On the way home, the reading continued.

Until they finished.

Together.
One book. Four eyes.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment