Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Milestones.

I think back at when we debated about having a third baby. The first six months for me feel somewhat like wearing a straight-jacket lined with barbed-wire. Don't get me wrong here. I LOVE my babies. I have loved them from the moment of conception.  Probably even before that. It makes me nauseous to even imagine life without one of them.


However, we listed the pro's and the con's (other than the straight-jacket). Those first six, sleepless months, were a huge con. Another?  I was looking semi-independence right in the face. Dougie was getting to an age that I could feasibly see sending him to school in the "near-ish" future. A baby really puts a crimp in that style!


So we let God take the dice on the next roll. Knowledgable negligence didn't hurt either. Nine months later...


Well, I am back to looking at semi-independence in the face again. It is over three years later, but there it is.


Today I went to finish the enrollment and supply sale for Ian at Seika. He had a little interview and waited with me in the auditorium while I labeled all of he and Dougie's school supplies. He played with a train that came on a coffee can I bought. I labeled.




His name tag was easily 3/4 of his height.  It was hilar!  At one point, he popped it off, "Mummy, I rip it!"  Yup.  Sure did...




In the auditorium waiting for the label party to begin






Giving googlie-eyes






"Peace" "Victory" "I'm two!" "Hasami" (scissors).  Your guess is as good as mine...  Rocking the Mickey Mouse car.  Seriously, rockin' it!





Apparently we have made enough of an impression that I was asked to be on the Mothers' Association. Perhaps they need a sacrificial lamb or a scape goat for the growing number of American students. Perhaps it is because I already know one of the ladies on the association. I will go with that... It is the first time an American (or any non-Japanese) has been in the Association. I had best NOT screw this up!!!




After all that excitement, we headed out to talk to the Hayama principle for Stefan. On the way there, Ian lost his lunch (breakfast, really).


Always. Exciting!


But we love it.  Most importantly, Stefan loves it.  I see a change in the near future!




This is the view from the beach just below the school...



And on a sunny day... from the school yard...



Angie, the school's dog.  Talk about a great mascot!





So, today was filled with school enrollments. For all three boys.


A milestone has been reached. There will be days that everyone is in school and I will be alone. All alone! All. Alone. :/


And it makes me sad...






- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment