Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Stranger Things Have Happened

I have found amazing things in my laundry before. I can tell you which brand of facial tissues will not break down when you blow just by how they perform in the washer and, subsequent, drying. I have seen a pack of tissues reduced to a pulp and adhered to the inside of a pocket. Treasures found on the playground and stashed in pockets for later admiration. BBs. Lots and lots of BBs... Rocks of varying size, shape and consistency. Pens... A thermometer. MONEY!!!! Chapstick :(

And, although stranger things have happened, I found my treasures elsewhere today...

The dishwasher:



No, the picture is not distorted. It is an empty egg case that Ian "put away" for me.

In the sink:



The three little rock turtles Grammie gave to the boys were "swimming" all in a line at the bottom of the sink. Dougie had doled out the white one to himself, the "dirty one" to Stefan (orange one), and the "partly dirty one - just dirty in spots" (spotted one) to Ian. Maybe he was trying to wash them...

And at my front door:



The stroller. It came back from Hawaii, re-bagged and tagged the Japanese way. It was beautiful! I was a little surprised that they hadn't washed and repaired the stroller prior to delivering it. I could tell from our doorbell video monitor that they had attempted delivery at least four times today. The fifth, and final, was at 7:30 tonight. We were finally home!

As a friend put it, "If it is a Japanese delivery service, it will eventually find its way to your door."

Well stated!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment