Thursday, March 29, 2012

You Can't Get THERE from HERE

I have said, "You can't get there from here."  And I have meant it.

Today, we embodied it.

Gina, Carol and I put the kids in Seika for the day and went to Sankeien Garden (will post pics later - very beautiful) for the morning.  Then to Grandberry Mall for lunch at Garlic Jo's


and the afternoon that started our "unforgettable sensual journey".

  
Then to...

The Tomei Expressway to Nagoya...


Atsugi for sunset...





Fuji-San was beautiful,

Then to the drive through for dinner...


Back to Yokohama City Ward...

Back to Fujisawa...

Then to a gas station so we did not have to walk home...


Four hours later, we arrived in Yokosuka.  It should have been about an hour.  The Tomei Expressway always reminded me of "Ptomaine Poisoning".  Now I know why...

Big shout out too Eric who went and got all five kids out of hawk from Seika.  Big shout out to Yuko and Seika who allowed the kids to all be released to Eric (perhaps they preferred to go home at 18:00, not 20:30?!?).  I do not think we will be allowed to all drop our kids on the same day unless we are walking to our destination... Big shout out to Caroline who kept Stefan and totally took it in stride when I told her I was on the Tomei and perhaps was never getting off.

If you get on the Tomei Expressway or the Fujisawa Bypass and it mysteriously turns into the Tokai-do road, just remember: 


YOU REALLY CAN NOT GET THERE FROM HERE!

3 comments:

  1. Loved Sankeien Gardens when I was there visiting! They were having a tea ceremony with all the guests in kimonos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am linking this post to my blog-- because I can't say it better than this and I am trying to recover and am too tired to think of something witty to say. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We got to see engagement photos - how beautiful!
    Super glad you took advantage of the written word :) Why originate when you can plagiarize!!! I totally take that approach ;)

    ReplyDelete